We are about half way along the total timeline from an “un-automated” telco to “near-complete” automation.
Five current telco goals were identified during this research:
- Automation of the network – tied with the increased complexities of deploying 5G and requiring automation in network management and assurance
- Automation of the lead-to-cash cycle for new digital products – particularly low margin, high volume IoT products
- Improvements in customer and agent experience via automations in the contact centre
- Marketing automations for campaign delivery
- Automations which enrich new products and make them attractive to increasingly automated enterprise customers
In addition, there have always been automation of workflows in many parts of the telco and vendors note particular current movement in the area of sales, supply chain, procurement and HR transformation.